NY 6-Week Course | Beginner Sewing for Adults
NYC 6-Week Course | Beginner Sewing for Adults
The Mood U 6-Week Beginner Sewing Course for Adults is a set of six (6) consecutive weekly in-store classes designed to teach you basic home-sewing machine operating skills, pattern layout, fabric cutting, sewing construction, and finishing techniques.
Your first sewing project is our popular Mood U Tote Bag. Each week we focus on a different stage of your project, and by the end of the 6-week session you will have completed your own customized Mood U Tote Bag from start to finish. From this single project you will have built a solid foundation of sewing skills and techniques to prepare you for our intermediate sewing class where you will learn the basics of garment construction.
PLEASE NOTE: To attend The Mood U 6-Week Beginner Sewing Course for Adults with FREE tuition, you will need to purchase the complete Mood U Sewing Kit; a well-rounded selection of quality sewing tools to get you started on your creative journey. Each item in the kit has been carefully selected and will be used at various stages of your Mood U Tote Bag project. You can purchase this kit in-store anytime during regular store hours up to the first day of your scheduled class for $145.00 incl. tax. All of the items in the Mood U Sewing Kit can be used for our Intermediate and Advanced sewing classes, as well as many of our workshops. Your $5.00 registration fee secures you a space in the class, it is non-refundable and non-transferrable. **Earlybird offer does not apply to registration fee on Beginner Sewing Class
PLEASE NOTE: To attend The Mood U 6-Week Beginner Sewing Course for Adults with FREE tuition, you will need to purchase the complete Mood U Sewing Kit.
MOOD U SEWING KIT
- Mood Vinyl Carrier Bag (Free with Purchase of Sewing Kit)The Reader's Digest "New Complete Guide to Sewing" Book
- Mood U Tote Bag Pattern
- Mood Fabrics Apron2 Spools Gutermann All-Purpose Thread (contrasting colors)
- Sewing Machine Bobbins
- Fabric Shears
- Paper Shears
- Straight Pins (color ball pins)
- Pin Cushion
- Seam Ripper
- 18" x 2" Clear Plastic Ruler
- Tape Measure
- Tailor's Chalk (blue & white)
- Tapered Awl
- Hand Sewing Needles (assorted pack)
- Sharp or Universal Sewing Machine Needles Size 14 or 16
Please bring these additional items to the second class in week 2
- 1 yard SELF FABRIC - the fabric for the outside of your bag (non stretch, medium to heavy weight)
- 1 yard LINING FABRIC - what is seen on the inside of your bag (non stretch, light to medium weight)
- 1 yard CANVAS OR DENIM FABRIC - used between lining and self fabric for structure (non stretch, medium to heavy weight)
- 1 Spool Gutermann All-Purpose Thread (to match project fabric)
Fabrics will be discussed with your instructor during the first class in week 1. Depending upon the width of fabric you choose for the bag, you may need 1¼ to 1½ yards of each fabric instead of 1 yard of each.